top of page

Do You Have an Injury ?

Do you have an injury from an automobile accident ? If you were involved in a crash you should know that insurance companies don't always believe injuries are equal. For example, a crash that causes muscle soreness compared to someone who has a disc herniation in your neck is of greater severity than the former. But that alone does not mean you can't suffer from a muscle injury. Most commonly called a strain, there is frequent rhetoric in the medicolegal circle that someone with this type of injury heals quickly or that this type of injury can be faked. This type of thinking only benefits the insurance companies who will deny compensation for this type of injury in the long term. The reality is that people recover at different intervals and no one person is exactly the same. Regardless of the injury, the physician who is treating you has to correlate causality (the accident) to bodily injury (the patient's injury) to functional loss (what can't you do anymore). When a trauma trained physician treats you for this type of injury they will know exactly what questions to ask, what tests to run or order, and how to document the injury properly. This helps the doctor come up with a diagnosis, prognosis and treatment plan to accurately treat your specific condition. If you are currently seeing a physician, are they trauma trained? Did they just give you a pain reliever, muscle relaxant and/or sent you for therapy? If they did, maybe you should consider a trauma trained doctor ?

Alternatively, muscle strains are not transient, and in fact they are best described as connective tissue injuries. With the proper doctor working on your case in close contact with your attorney, is the best way for you to get your injuries treated properly and get compensated for your bills. If you have been in an automobile accident and are experiencing muscle soreness, muscle tightness, headaches, whiplash, low back pain, numbness and tingling in the arms or legs, ringing in the ears, blurred vision or jaw pain and live in the Chicagoland area like Elmhurst, Stone Park, Villa Park, Bensenville, Melrose Park, Berkeley, Northlake, Oak Brook, Hillside, Bellwood, Westchester or Lombard, call Auto Accident Pain Relief Center of Illinois 24/7 at : 800-862-5914.

42 views0 comments


bottom of page