You've been in a car accident. You were rear-ended four days ago and now your having neck pain. Are you experiencing whiplash? Here's 5 signs.
1) whiplash occurs when someone's neck goes forward and backward as a result of an impact from either behind, or from the front. It could be a rear end auto accident, an amusement park ride or even an impact from a contact sport like football. Neck pain occurs from several causes. It could be from muscles tearing, bone fractures and ligaments stretching.
2) headache- as a result of the forceful movement of the neck, muscles can contract and cause constriction of blood flow, vertebra can go out of alignment causing compression of nerves resulting in headaches that affect the front, back or sides of the head.
3) ringing in the ears-rapid acceleration/deceleration of the neck can displace the joint in your jaw. When this joint is out of place, you may experience ringing in the ears.
4) dizziness-trauma to the neck can displace calcium crystals inside the inner ear. These crystals can interfere with the cilia (hair) in the inner ear that can give you the sensation of spinning. Once correctly diagnosed, simple exercises can reposition the crystals within the inner ear.
5) blurred vision- nerves from your brain/spine are in close proximity to bones that when traumatized, will be placed out of alignment. Sometimes people can even get a concussion from rapid whiplash motion. This causes the brain to move within the skull and also moves the bones in the neck that play a role in vision and balance.
If you have been in an accident and believe you are experiencing these symptoms you need to consult with a doctor that is trauma qualified and has experience not only treating these symptoms, but communicating with attorneys and insurance companies. Does your doctor do this? Contact us today to schedule an appointment. 800-862-5914.